Shocking undercover video captures inhumane butchering of cattle at slaughterhouse for US burger chain
Revealed: Shocking undercover video captures inhumane butchering of cattle at slaughterhouse for US burger chain
- Slaughterhouse of Central Valley Meat Co. supplied meat to the popular In-N-Out Burger chain and for the National School Lunch Program
- Shows cows who were still alive after being shot in the head then being suffocated by workers who stand on their mouths and nostrils preventing the cows from breathing
- Most of the animals slaughtered by CVM are ‚spent‘ dairy cows who are no longer economically viable as milk-producers to the dairy industry
- USDA regulators who shut down the slaughterhouse after viewing the animal welfare video
- are investigating whether beef from sick cows reached the human food supply
Horrifying undercover footage from inside a Californian slaughterhouse shows incompetent workers standing on the mouth and nostrils of a cow to suffocate it after failing to kill the animal with a bolt-gun.
The shocking video, which allegedly demonstrates rampant animal abuse and suffering from inside Central Valley Meat Co., has led the the U.S. Department of Agriculture to shut down the slaughterhouse which was a major supplier of their National School Lunch Program and In-N-Out Burger.
The sad film produced by animal rights group Compassion Over Killing reveals how already sick cows are stunned when they are unable to walk to their deaths and shows how they are hoisted up by their legs onto conveyor-belts even if the bolt-gun has failed to kill the animal.
GRAPHIC CONTENT. Scroll down for video